Monday, March 26, 2007

The purpose of this Blog

18th March 2007 would remain as a day to remember in my life.

I happened to go to Nirmal LifeStyle, a mall in Mulund,Mumbai,INDIA. After having done window shopping I went to CrossRoad, a premier book-shop chain in India, in the mall. I was looking for some books on general management. I came across a book called "WHAT DO I DO WHEN I WANT TO DO EVERYTHING?". Interesting, I thought; I went through back cover and inside cover. Well, the reading through few pages convinced me that it had touched me- it was echoing my feelings.

The book is about kind of people who want to do or learn many things in their life. Unlike concentrating on a single subject or speciality, as the most of the people do, this category of people have many passions. They seem to go after them pursuing their interests but are also known to abandon many of these projects; yet such people have a terrific liking for learning everything on the earth. Such people have been called as Scanners by the author Ms. Barbara Sher. Yes, I have always felt doing many things and also given up most of them.

I bought the book. I sincerely believed that it will help me understand myself, a Scanner in me, and also look forward to getting many tips in making good use of many abilities that Scanners do possess.

It seems that the book has a lot of assignments for Scanners.I have decided to take it as a journey and shall share my assignments in this blog, as I go through the book, so that other Scanners will come forward to share their experiences.

Please visit this place again and again as the story is unfolded / evolved.

Prashant Koli

No comments: