Monday, March 26, 2007

Degrees/diplomas attended

Barbara Sher says that the Scanners take interest in many subjects but they fail to carry on for a long in many of them.

True to the spirit of scanner, I had enrolled for many academic programs, let's talk about degree/diplomas, spending a lot of money (and time) but later found no inclination to complete many of them. As a scanner I tasted them and then (possibly) my interest in them would have diminished.

Courses/University/Status as on date
B.Sc. Maths/Madras/Not Completed
B.A. Eco/Mumbai/Completed
B.A.Psycho/Madras/Completed
M.A.Eco/Mumbai/Not Completed
M.A.Socio/Mysore/Not Completed
M.A.Socio/Annamalai/Completed
M.I.M.-Investment Mgt/Alagappa/Completed
M.B.A./IGNOU/Not Completed
M.C.A./IGNOU/Not Completed
C.I.C./IGNOU/Completed
L.L.B./Mumbai/Not Completed
D.B.M./IMC/Not Completed
D.I.S./Mumbai/Not Completed
B.Sc. /IGNOU/Not Completed
I.C.W.A./I.C.W.A./Not Completed
M.Phil./GRI/Completed
PGD Tax Laws/IIT/Completed
PGD Portfolio Mgt/Pondicherry/Not Completed
Marine Radio Officer/Madras/Not Completed
Operation Research/OR Society/Not Completed
M.Com./Madurai/Not Completed.

As can be seen from above, out of 21 programs that I enrolled for, I have completed only 7 as of now.

Few certification programs that I completed are :
BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) Training Institute- Stock Market (Basic)
and Finance for Non-Finance Executives
NCFM (NSE) Modules in - Capital Market & Derivatives
SenseIndia Foundation- Film Making Workshop at Mumbai University
Animation Films- organized by Yash Chopra initiation
How to Build Computers at Kumaria Presidency,Mumbai
I also tried to learn German,Russian,Bengali and Gujarati languages during the past.


I have also realised that there are many people like me in this world, and that it's okay to be like that. But, see what a waste of time-your own,family's time! Let the bygone be gone...let's make a fresh beginning...


Prashant Koli

No comments: